7 Tips To Avoid Holiday Weight Gain
The Holidays – filled with family, fun, faith, love and lots of food. We all love the holidays but lots of us worry about packing on the pounds and wrecking our fitness goals. But let’s be honest, avoiding the food completely is almost impossible. Fortunately, I have some tips so you can enjoy the holidays without stressing out over every bite.
My tips to to avoid Holiday weight gain:
- Wake up and Workout – A workout will set the tone for the rest of the day.
- Breakfast – Eat the most important meal of the day.
- Mentally Prepare – Take time to think about your goals and how far you’ve come. Visualize yourself and what it will be like once you reach that goal. Make a mental or physical note about taking small portions. Thinking and preparing yourself before all that food is right in front of you will be a good start to staying on track.
- BYOF – If your not hosting the gathering then offer to bring a dish and make it a healthy one. Bring a salad or another healthy dish so you have that as an option, even if no one else eats it, it will be worth bringing.
- Drink Up Before You Eat – Water, that is! Try to avoid drinking your calories. If you must have a drink and who says you shouldn’t, go for the lower calorie drinks or just take half a glass instead of a full one. The more water the better!!
- Be “Grateful” without a “Plateful– Small portions, small plate, small drinks…..a little bit goes a long way, especially when it comes to staying on track. You don’t need to fill your plate so keep in mind portion control. When your only choices are not that good then you must concentrate on how much you eat.
- Slow Down and Stop – Enjoy your food by taking small bites and eating slowly. Once you’re done be done. Don’t take a second helping. Walk away from the food table and stay away, this is the time to mingle not eat pringles 🙂