20 Positive Affirmations To Boost Self-Esteem
Negative thoughts = negative feelings
Positive thoughts = positive feelings
Is this true? Well, studies have shown it is. Take a look at the Fredrickson’s Study on “The Broaden-and-build Theory of Positive Emotions“.
I love this quote from Henry Ford. “If you think you can do a thing or think you can’t do a thing, you’re right”. What you think can often become the truth in your own mind. If you keep saying to yourself that you can’t do something or that your not good enough, chances are you will convince yourself of that even though it’s not true.
I talked before about how self-esteem can mean the difference between success and failure and how negative thoughts can even stop you from trying. If you keep saying “you can’t” you will convince yourself to not even try. You can’t succeed at something that you haven’t even tried.
Ever hear of the phrase, “practice makes perfect”? Well, we aren’t looking for perfection because it doesn’t exist but we are looking for help and change. The more positive thoughts you say to yourself the better chance you’ll have with changing your perception of yourself and how you feel.
Try saying the following affirmations on a daily basis. Pick a few to start with or say all 20 of them. You can say these as often as you like, again, the more you think positive the more you will feel positive. Meditation is another tool you can use to help create more positivity. It’s important to not only add positive thoughts daily but you should also take the time to let go of negative thoughts. Meditation can be a powerful time to shut out everything around you and just focus on you. We not only create our own negative thoughts but we also have negativity from outside situations and others around us. Taking time to meditate while saying these positive affirmations can make a big difference in your self-esteem.
1. I believe my choices and decisions are good for me.
2. I am capable of great things.
3. I am worth it.
4. I know I have many strengths.
5. I believe in myself.
6. I love myself.
7. I trust myself.
8. I am unique and an important part of this world.
9. I let go of what I cannot change.
10. I am strong.
11. I am confident.
12. I am kind and loving.
13. I accept myself completely.
14. I am grateful for all of my blessings.
15. Life is amazingly beautiful.
16. Today I let go of old habits and take up new, more positive ones.
17. I know I am always learning and growing.
18. I can always change my beliefs if they don’t serve me well.
19. I am a free person who controls my own thoughts.
20. What I am is what I am and that is good enough.