Cauliflower and Parsley Omelet for Two
Substantial enough to enjoy any time of day, omelets aren’t just for breakfast. Serve this veggie-filled version with slices of whole grain sourdough bread, a tossed salad and light red wine for a wonderful dinner à deux.
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup fresh cauliflower or thawed frozen cauliflower florets, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar or Le Gruyère cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
In a small bowl, gently beat eggs, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon water together. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large slope-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add cauliflower and cook, stirring occasionally until heated through and dried, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl.
Wipe out the skillet and set over medium heat. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil, swirling the pan to coat the bottom and sides evenly. Pour in egg mixture. When bottom begins to set, stir gently with a rubber spatula for 1 minute. Lift edges of omelet and tilt to allow uncooked egg to run underneath. Cook until eggs are almost set, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle cauliflower, cheese and parsley down the middle of the omelet; fold the right third and then the left third over the filling to enclose. Cook until filling is hot and all egg is set, 1 to 2 minutes longer. Slide omelet onto a serving platter and cut in half.
270 calories (180 from fat), 21g total fat, 7g saturated fat, 390mg cholesterol, 660mg sodium, 4g carbohydrates, (1 g dietary fiber, 2g sugar), 16g protein.
Latest posts by Coach (see all)
- Your Dog’s Safety in the Heat - August 12, 2022
- Ramped Up Your Workout - August 5, 2022
- Pass the Cheese - July 29, 2022