Hempseed Apricot Chews
Hempseeds are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids. Sweet, nutty, chewy and dense, this snack satisfies that afternoon craving for sweets. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- 3 cups (about 1 pound) dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1 cup shelled hempseeds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
Line an (8-x-8-inch) pan with parchment paper and set it aside.
Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until mixture forms a chunky paste. Transfer to prepared pan and press with a spatula to create an even thickness. Cover and chill until firm, 1 to 2 hours, and then cut into squares for serving.
Per Serving: Serving size: 1 chew, 100 calories (25 from fat), 2.5g total fat, 15mg sodium, 18g carbohydrates, (2 g dietary fiber, 13g sugar), 3g protein.
Latest posts by Coach (see all)
- Your Dog’s Safety in the Heat - August 12, 2022
- Ramped Up Your Workout - August 5, 2022
- Pass the Cheese - July 29, 2022