Sometimes simple is best, like in this classic Margherita pizza topped with tomato, mozzarella, and basil.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (16-oz.) package whole wheat pizza dough, at room temperature
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup tomato sauce, no sugar added
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- ¼ cup whole basil leaves, torn in small pieces
Preheat the oven to 450° F.
Lightly coat 12-inch pizza pan with spray. Starting at the center, and moving outward, use your fingertips to press dough to ½-inch thick. Stretch dough until it won’t stretch any further. Let dough relax for 5 minutes; continue to stretch to desired diameter.
Drizzle oil over dough; spread with a pastry brush to the edges.
Spread tomato sauce evenly over the dough, leaving a quarter-inch border.
Layer with cheese, tomato, and basil.
Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbling.
Latest posts by Coach (see all)
- Your Dog’s Safety in the Heat - August 12, 2022
- Ramped Up Your Workout - August 5, 2022
- Pass the Cheese - July 29, 2022