This Baja California-style ceviche is made with shrimp, fresh lime juice, and refreshing cucumber. Make it as mild or spicy as you want by adjusting the chili peppers to your taste. Serving it in endive shells is a clever and crunchy alternative to fried tortilla chips.
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 lb. cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, finely chopped
- ½ medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium Serrano chiles (or jalapenos), seeded and deveined, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 16 endive leaves
Combine lime juice and shrimp in a medium bowl; mix well. Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator, for 6 to 24 hours.
Combine shrimp mixture, cucumber, onion, chiles (if desired), and tomato in a large bowl; mix well.
Add avocado, cilantro, and salt; toss gently to blend.
Evenly portion shrimp mixture into endive leaves. Serve two leaves for each portion.
Latest posts by Coach (see all)
- Your Dog’s Safety in the Heat - August 12, 2022
- Ramped Up Your Workout - August 5, 2022
- Pass the Cheese - July 29, 2022